Australia Post One Netball Community Awards Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter this competition forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into this competition is deemed to be an acceptance of these terms and conditions. The Promoter is Netball Australia Limited ABN 66 003 142 818 of 191 Johnston St, Fitzroy VIC 3065. Phone: (+613) 8621 8600 (Promoter). Entry in to this competition is free of charge. Entry is open to all Australian residents associated with a netball Club or Association, including Australia Post employees but excluding suppliers, retailers and agencies of any other agency or company that is associated with this competition (including, with the exception of Australia Post, prize suppliers). The competition commences at 10am AEST on Monday 22 May. Entries close at 11.59pm AEST on Sunday 30 July 2017. The competition will be advertised via: a campaign in Australia Post outlets and social media campaign via Australia Post channels, and Netball Australia website and social media channels. Entries must be completed on the One Netball website, www.onenetball.org.au by 11.59pm AEST on Sunday 30 July 2017.
2.To enter the promotion, entrants must go to the Australia Post One Netball website https://onenetball.org.au/ and submit their entry online using the nomination form. Entrants will need to provide details of an individual, a netball Club or a netball Association they choose to nominate to receive a prize (Nomination). Entrants will also need to answer two questions: 1) In 200 words or less, what has the nominated individual, club or association done to support diversity and/or create an inclusive, welcoming netball environment? Please provide specific examples where possible, , and 2) In 200 words or less, how have the actions of the nominated individual, Club or Association created positive change for their netball community?
3.Entrants are responsible for the accuracy of the information provided and are aware that they may forfeit their right to claim the prize if the Promoter and/or Australia Post cannot reasonably contact them because the entrant’s details are inaccurate. Each entrant warrants that the entry is their own original creation and work, and does not infringe the rights (including copyright) of any other person. Each entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter and Australia Post in relation to any loss or damage resulting from any breach of warranty.
4. To the extent permitted by law, each entrant hereby assigns to the Promoter and Australia Post all intellectual property rights (including copyright) in the entry submitted. If any intellectual property rights (including a moral right) cannot be assigned, each entrant hereby grants to the Promoter and Australia Post an irrevocable exclusive licence in perpetuity to use, copy, distribute, broadcast, modify, adapt and otherwise exploit the entry for any purpose, together with all ancillary rights. The Promoter and/or Australia Post may exercise all such rights without any fee being paid to the entrant.
5.Entrants under 18 years old must have their parent’s/guardian’s permission to accept the prize and agree to redeem the prize with an 18+ parent/guardian. The Promoter and Australia Post accept no tax liability incurred as a result of any participation in the competition. The Promoter’s and Australia Post’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into other than with the winner. The Promoter and/or Australia Post accept no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries, whether due to error, omission, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise. The Promoter and/or Australia Post have no control over communications networks or services, the internet or other technology used or required to enter the competition and they accept no responsibility for any problems associated with them, whether due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise.
6.Entries will be judged by a panel of representatives from Netball Australia, Australia Post and a One Netball Ambassador. The winning entries will be those entries that the judges determine (in their absolute discretion) describe the most inspiring and noteworthy nominated individuals, netball Clubs or netball Associations who deserve recognition for their actions and efforts to create, support and/or promote an inclusive, supportive and diverse netball environment. There will be up to 8 winners, depending on the number of entries the judges determine (in their absolute discretion) describe and nominate individuals, netball Clubs or netball Associations that deserve such recognition.
7. An Ambassador’s Choice Award will be voted on by the 2017 Australia Post One Netball Ambassador group, from the group of winning entries as determined by the judging panel. The Ambassadors will vote on the Ambassador’s Choice Award via an online survey between Tuesday 16th August and Friday 19th The winner of this Award will receive an additional $1000 Australia Post Load&Go Visa Prepaid Gift Card.
8. Entries will be judged at the office of Australia Post (111 Bourke Street, Melbourne, Victoria, 3000) during the fortnight commencing Monday 14 August 2017. All entrants accept that their entry may be featured on the Promoter’s and Australia Post’s websites and social media pages. The prize winners will be notified by email and/or by phone prior to Monday 28 August 2017 and the arrangement of prizes will be communicated the week commencing Monday 28 August 2017 .
9. Each prize is valued at up to $1600 (inc. GST) depending on whether the Nomination in respect of the relevant winning entry was for an individual or for a netball Club or a netball Association.
Each prize for a netball Club or netball Association consists of the following:
- a $1000 Australia Post Load&Go Visa Prepaid Gift Card for the relevant winning nominated netball Club or netball Association (as per the relevant Nomination);
- a visit from an Australia Post One Netball Ambassador to the relevant winning netball Club or netball Association on a date to be confirmed between the relevant winning netball Club or netball Association, the Australia Post One Netball Ambassador, the Promoter and Australia Post subject to the Ambassador’s availability. The visit from the Ambassador may include a signing session, a presentation or attendance at a training session or match, as determined by the Promoter and Australia Post;
- a netball signed by the 2017 Australian Diamonds Team; and
- a certificate from the Australia Post One Netball Program.
If the Nomination in a winning entry is for an individual, the prize will consist of:
- all of the above components to be awarded to the nominated individual’s associated netball club/association; and
- a $500 Australia Post Load&Go Visa Prepaid Gift Card for the nominated individual’s personal use.
10. Prizes do not include accommodation, travel or associated expenses. The prizes (and any element of the prizes) cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash. Merchants or other providers may impose limits on use of the Load&Go Visa Prepaid Gift Card. Conditions, limits and fees apply. The Load&Go Visa Prepaid Gift Card is issued by Heritage Bank Limited ABN 32 087 652 024 AFSL/ACL No. 240984. Read the full terms and conditions at auspost.com.au/loadandgogiftcard before first use.
11. The Promoter and/or Australia Post will not be liable for the failure of an Ambassador to attend any event, for any reason.
12. The winners must, at the Promoter’s and Australia Post’s request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding the winning of a prize, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter and Australia Post using their names and images in promotional material.
13. The Promoter, its contractors, employees, agents and Australia Post, shall not be liable for any claims, losses, damages, injuries, costs and expenses suffered sustained or incurred (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) as a result of, arising out of or in any way connected with the promotion and/or its prizes, except for liability that cannot be excluded by law.
14. If there is an event beyond the Promoter’s and/or Australia Post’s reasonable control which prevents or hinders the conduct of the promotion or the Promoter’s ability to deliver the prize to any winner, then the Promoter may in its discretion cancel the promotion or change the prize to another prize of the same value. Further, the Promoter may at its sole discretion recommence it under the same conditions.